Tuesday, December 30, 2014

THEY ARE THE PUMP

These women and 1 man have graduated from the Literacy Program. Their English astounded me!. The gentleman is the 1st Counselor in the District Presidency. The woman in the yellow shirt is the RS President, the woman holding the baby is her 1st counselor and the older woman is the secretary. Their smiles tell the story of how they were determined to come 3 days a week for 10 months to learn English. 

As we spoke and they wanted to know what I could do more for them, I sat for a moment and love how the spirit fills the words that come forth. I told them that they were champions, and could now bring others to the Literacy Program. I asked them if they knew about a bicycle and what would happen if it had a flat. They all agreed it would go no where. I told them now that they knew of the power of reading and speaking English they would be the pump for others to come and experience what they have been given. I told them it isn't what I can do for you, but what you will do for others in your own village. You will pump them up. The RS President looked at me and said, "I will pump, and pump and pump!"




No comments:

Post a Comment